Summer Sausage Pizza
Homemade, low-carb, crispy-chewy pizza crust topped with our Original handcrafted old-world summer sausage and add your favorite toppings. It’s just that easy and finished in about 2 hours. Sometimes it takes that long to get your pizza delivered. So, why not save money, eat healthy and make your pizza exactly like you love it?
Prep takes 10 minutes, Baking 15-20 minutes, Total time approx., 2 hours 5 min.
Yield 1 – 12” pizza or 2 – 6” pizza (see how I did that math?)
First, we start with a Keto Friendly Pizza Crust recipe from King Arthur Baking Company. While your dough is rising, grab the rest of the toppings you like and slice your Handcrafted Summer Sausage into thin slices the same thickness you like pepperoni. We like our summer sausage topping roughly 1/8” thick and use 20-25 slices.
Ingredients You'll Need:
- Weigh your flour; or measure it by gently spooning it into a cup, then sweeping off any excess. Combine all of the ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer or a medium mixing bowl. Mix and knead the dough — using the dough hook on the mixer, or by hand — until it's smooth and bouncy, about 5 minutes with a machine or 7 to 10 minutes by hand.
- Cover the dough and allow it to rise until it’s puffy but not quite doubled in bulk, about 60 minutes.
- Drizzle olive oil onto a 12” pizza pan or a baking sheet; a darker (anodized) pan will yield a crispier crust. Transfer the dough to the pan and press it into a 12” circle. Cover the crust and allow it to rise for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 450°F. This is a good time to get the rest of your toppings together and slice your summer sausage.
- Top the pizza as desired and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and transfer it from the pan to a rack to cool slightly before serving.
- EAT IT and revel in your glory.
You do know that if you’re not into Keto, you can still do this and make a regular pizza crust, or do a gluten free pizza crust, or make pizza bagels, or flatbread, or deep dish, or… well - you get it, right?
#summersausage #curedsausage #pizza #keto #kingarthur #yummy #recipes #superbowlrecipes #pizzaisdangerous #dinner #cheese #cooking #delicious #dinner #food #foodblogger #foodie #foodlover #foodphotography #foodport #foodstagram #instafood #love #lunch #sausage #tasty