The first thing that comes to mind when you think about soup in wintertime is probably a warm, comforting bowl of Wild Mushroom Soup. With its rich flavors and satisfying texture it's the perfect meal for those chilly days!
- 2 Sticks Butter
- 4 1/2 oz Shallots, finely chopped (a little more than 1/2 a cup)
- 4 Cloves Fresh Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme, stem removed, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Rosemary, stem removed, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp Flour
- 16 oz Shitake Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 oz Dehydrated Wild Mushrooms, such Cremini, Oyster and Morrel
- 4 10.5oz Cans, Beef Consommé
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Diced Original Old World Summer Sausage - diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- Finley chopped Chives or Parsley (optional)
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4-6 (as an entrée)
Place dehydrated mushrooms in a bowl and cover with hot water, stirring occasionally. Let sit 10-15 minutes, until mushrooms are soft. If needed, cut into bite size pieces.
Clean Shitake Mushrooms and then thinly slice. If Mushrooms are large, cut in half
Mince or Finely Chop Garlic and Shallots
Remove Thyme leaves from stem. Finely chop and measure to 1 tsp.
Remove Rosemary leaves from stem. Finely chop and measure to 1 tsp.
Place butter in a thick bottomed 4 quart stock pot and heat on medium.
Once butter is melted, add garlic and shallots. Cook, continuously stirring until lightly browned.
Add rosemary and thyme, stir well. Cook for 1 minute.
Add sliced Shitake Mushrooms. Stir well and cook 2 minutes.
Add 4 Tbsp Flour and stir well assuring all lumps have been dispersed.
Drain Wild Mushrooms and add to pot.
Add Consommé to pot and cook until hot but not boiling.
Once hot, slowly add Heavy Whipping Cream, stirring frequently.
Fold in diced summer sausage.
Salt and Pepper to taste.
Simmer, stirring until sauce is heated through and velvety. About 5 minutes.
Place soup in bowls and top with chopped Chives or Parsley. (optional)
#soup #creamsoup #mushroom #creamofmushroom #recipe #sausage #summersausage #dinner #dinnerideas #decadent #yummy #love #familytime #food #eeeeeats #fall #fallfood #winter #winterfood #foodie #easy #easyrecipes #family #starters #wildmushroom #crimini #shitaki #morrell #babybella #outdoors