This recipe was provided by Jeanne Rogers of Flo's Kitchen
Our cousins came to visit this past weekend. Well really Andrea is the accidental cowboy’s second cousin. But let’s not split hairs. I now consider Andrea and her husband both my cousins. Andrea is an extraordinary baker and cook. It was such a delight to cook with her while they were here.
We, well, mainly she made this amazing salad. Why so amazing? It is so good it could possibly replace Pringles. A little salty, tangy and crunchy. Just like Pringles but healthy! Just sausage, vegetables and this really yummy dressing. I call it Andrea’s Confetti Salad because it is full of all these bits of color.
This recipe makes a HUGE salad. Enough for a crowd. Serve it at room temperature or cold. Because of the vinegar, it will keep wonderfully in the fridge for days.
- 2 cucumbers sliced into 1/4 by 1 inch julienned strips
- 1 green bell pepper sliced into 1/4 by 1 inch julienned strips
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into 1/4 by 1 inch julienned strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced into 1/4 by 1 inch julienne strips
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced into 1/4 by 1 inch julienne strips
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 red onion sliced and then cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 head cauliflower riced
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1 ancho red chili (optional) roasted, skinned finely diced
- 1 cup of Lehr's Summer Sausage diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 packet (1 2/3 oz) Good Seasons zesty dry Italian dressing mix
- 3 packets (1 oz) dry Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 7/16 cup water I measured a scant 1/2 cup
Mix sausage and all the vegetables together in a very large bowl.
Whisk together vinegars, oils, water and dry salad dressing mix until well blended.
Pour over vegetables and mix well.
Allow ingredients to marry for at least an hour and serve at room temperature or cold.
#summersausage #curedsausage #salad #yummy #recipes #superbowlrecipes #dinner #cooking #delicious #lunch #food #foodblogger #foodie #foodlover #foodphotography #foodporn #foodstagram #instafood #love #snack #sausage #tasty #saladrecipe #healthysnack #vegetables #vegetablelove #party #partyfood #christmas #newyear