Website & Online Services
What Personal Information We Collect, How We Use It and How We Share It
Information You Provide to Lehr’s Meat Market
By using our Services, you will actively provide Personal Information when you visit to do all of the things typically associated with online services. Examples of the Personal Information we collect may include:
• First and last name
• Phone number
• Email address
• Personal preferences
• Responses to survey questions
• Purchase and ordering information
• Payment card numbers
• Demographic information
When conducting transactions with Lehr’s Meat Market, we must collect some Personal Information in order to provide the Services to you. We may collect information at other various places on our Services. These services may include, but are not limited to:
• Engaging with our website
• Transacting on our website or point of sale
• Subscribing to email offers and newsletters
• Subscribing to mobile messaging offers,
• Participating in in survey
• Entering contests or sweepstakes,
• Interacting with any individual LMM representatives
• Submitting a Contact Us form on our website
• Submitting a Corporate Gifting Information Request form on our website
We may also collect information that you provide on our Services about other people you know. For an example, you may provide a gift recipient’s Personal Information while processing your orders or maintaining an entry in your online address book to purchase a gift for later.
Automated Information Collection
In addition to the information that you provide to us, we may also collect information about you during your visit to our website or using our Services. Your devices may provide location information, navigational and device information, such as:
• device type
• browser types and versions
• hardware model
• operating system and version
• identification numbers assigned to your mobile device such as Advertising (IDFA) on Apple devices
• Advertising id on Android devices
• mobile network information
• service provide identification
• IP Address
• the website or services in which you came
• the website or services to which you navigate.
Technologies we implement include, but are necessarily limited to:
(a) Cookies. A “cookie” is a small data file transmitted from a website to your device’s hard drive. Cookies are usually defined in one of two ways, and we may use both of them:
(1) session cookies, which do not stay on your device after you close your browser, and
(2) persistent cookies, which remain on your device until you delete them, or they expire.
We use the following categories of cookies on our Website.
1. Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have requested, such as maintaining a record of your purchased items (e.g., a shopping cart), cannot be provided.
2. Performance Cookies. These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use our Website to help us understand how you arrive at our site, browse, or use our Website and highlight areas where we can improve, such as navigation. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
iii. Functionality Cookies. These cookies remember choices you make such as the country from which you visit our Website, your preferred language, and your search parameters. This information can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make your visits to our Website more tailored to your preferences. The information in these cookies may be anonymized. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
1. Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies. These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third-party advertising networks.
These cookies remember the websites you visit, and that information is shared with other parties such as Google Ad Network advertisers.
Of course, if you do not wish to have cookies on your devices, you may turn them off at any time by modifying your internet browser’s settings. However, by disabling cookies on your device, you may be prohibited from full use of the Website’s features or lose access to some functionality.
(b) Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is an electronic image. Web Beacons can track certain things from your computer and can report activity back to a web server allowing us to understand some of your behavior. If you choose to receive emails from us, we may use Web Beacons to track your reaction to our emails. We may also use them to track if you click on the links and at what time and date you do so. Some of our third-party marketing partners may use Web Beacons to track your interaction with online advertising banners on our Website. This information is only collected in aggregate form and will not be linked to your Personal Information. Please note that any image file on a webpage can act as a Web Beacon.
(c) Embedded Web Links. Links provided in our emails and, in some cases, on third-party websites may include tracking technology embedded in the link. The tracking is accomplished through a redirection system. The redirection system allows us to understand how the link is being used by email recipients. Some of these links will enable us to identify that you have personally clicked on the link and this may be attached to the Personal Information that we hold about you. This data is used to improve our service to you and to help us understand the performance of our marketing campaigns.
(d) Third-party Websites and Services. We work with a number of service providers of marketing communications technology. These service providers may use various data collection methods to improve the performance of the marketing campaigns we are contracting them to provide. The information collected can be gathered on our Website and also on the websites where our marketing communications are appearing. For example, we may collect data where our banner advertisements are displayed on third-party websites.
How We Use Your Personal Information. We use your Personal Information for a variety of purposes in providing the Services, including to:
• Process your online or offline orders.
• Open an online account at your request.
• Personalize your online experience with content and offers that are tailored to your interests.
• Provide customer service, whether it is responding to a request or following up on an order.
• Include you in surveys and contests.
• Enable you to post your content, such as comments, images, or videos.
• Facilitate networks of online social activity centered around our products and services.
• Improve our Services, the manner in which offers are made on our Services, the purchase decisions of our visitors, and the interactions visitors have with our Services.
• Improve your experience with our Services: for example, through faster, better, smarter, and more customized online interactions.
• Enable you to interact with third-party content service providers, whether by linking to their sites, viewing their content within our online environment, or by viewing our content within their online environment.
• Market our products and services that may be of interest to you—for instance, we may add you to the Lehr’s Meat Market email list when you make an online purchase or sign up to receive emails; or we may add you to Lehr’s Meat Market print-catalog list when you make an online purchase.
• Create aggregated, pseudonymized or anonymized information for statistical purposes.
• Fraud prevention and protection, security, and any legal inquiries where required by law.
You may have the opportunity to receive SMS or "text" messages, pre-recorded voice messages or auto-dialed phone calls from Lehr’s Meat Market, its affiliates, and related entities as well as third parties. Such text messaging may be used to authenticate your identity or mobile device, as well as provide you informational or marketing updates about services or products you may have requested. In providing your mobile device number or cell phone number to us, you knowingly consent to such communications from Lehr’s Meat Market or for Lehr’s Meat Market to use your cell phone number or mobile device number as disclosed in this Policy. These messages may use information automatically collected based on your actions while on our sites and may prompt messaging such as cart abandon messages. To the extent you voluntarily opt to have SMS notifications sent directly to your mobile phone, we receive and store the information you provide, including your telephone number or when you read a text message. Data obtained from you in connection with any Text Message services may include your cell phone number, your provider’s name and the date, time, and content of your text messages Furthermore, you agree and represent that you have the authority to receive such communications at the telephone or mobile device number you provide to Lehr’s Meat Market, or from which you send such communications to us.
Any such communications you receive from us will be administered in accordance with your preferences and this Policy.
Third party service providers and vendors. We use third-party service providers and contractors to help handle parts of our business because of their expertise, resources, or scale. They help us do things like fulfill orders, process payments, provide some customer service through chat features, monitor activity on our Services, serve surveys and provide analysis from the surveys (which could be combined with Services usage analytics), maintain databases, administer, and monitor emails, administer, and send mobile messages, serve ads on this and other Services, and provide consulting services. Contractors may also assist us in hosting microsites, mobile websites, and mobile applications where you may provide Personal Information about yourself and others you know; and where they may observe information about you in the same way as described above.
Compliance with law. We may disclose specific information about visitors to our Services if we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary or authorized under the law or to protect our customers, the public, or our business.
Sale of our business. In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation), including a brand or line of business, information about you may be one of the business assets that is transferred in connection with the transaction.
Advertising and Marketing. In addition to processing your Personal Information in providing the Services, we may share your Personal Information to enhance your enjoyment of our Services or the services of other companies.
Advertising. We may share your Personal Information a with a third-party advertising partner and its service providers in order to deliver to you banner advertisements and other advertising tailored to your interests when you visit certain websites. Our advertising partner will make the data we provide anonymous.
For information about opt-out programs that these third-party advertising companies participate in, and to opt out of the use of your website browsing data for interest-based advertising by companies that participate in these programs, click each of the following:
• Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) Opt Out
• Direct Advertising Association (DAA) Opt Out (Web Choices).
To opt out of ads targeted to your interests through the use of data collected from the mobile applications on your device, please consult the settings on your device. You can also click the preference icon that may appear on some of our advertising served through use of these technologies.
Advertising and Marketing Partners. We may share information with advertising and marketing partners in order to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns, identify advertisements that you may have already received, manage, and deliver advertising on other websites you may visit, and to better understand your preferences and interests.
LMM Marketing. If you request additional information or make an online purchase from us, you may receive e-mail from us about online specials and other events. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by sending an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and telling us that you do not want to receive e-mail from our company. We never sell or trade e-mail addresses with companies outside the Lehr’s Meat Market family of brands and partners.
Direct Mailing. If you supply us with your postal address online, you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not want to receive mail from us in the future, please let us know by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com. Also, you may receive mailings from other reputable companies. You can, however, have your name put on our do-not-share list by sending an e-mail to us at the above firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide us with your exact name and address. We will be sure your name is removed from the list we share with organizations other than the Lehr’s Meat Market brands or partners.
We sometimes make our customer list available to carefully screened companies whose products or services we think you might enjoy.
However, your e-mail address will NEVER be sold or given to any other companies. If you prefer not to receive other mailings, copy your mailing label exactly and mail to us at:
Mail Preference Service, Lehr’s Meat Market, 102 S Van Buren St, New Athens, IL USA 62264.
Accessing Your Information and Exercising Your Privacy Choices
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
• See what data we have about you if any
• Change/correct any data we have about you
• Have us delete any data we have about you
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data
Lehr’s Meat Market is committed to maintaining safety and security for our web site users. We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the Personal Information we collect through our Services against accidental, unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. We use tools that are designed to protect our Services. They include, but are not limited to web application firewalls, account authentication, account fraud protection, encryption, and malicious code protections. While we implement the above security measures on this site, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible. Please report any suspected or actual compromise of your account credentials or any other suspicious activity to us at: email@example.com or by calling (618) 475-2088.
Your California Rights
If you are a California consumer, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, you may be afforded additional rights with respect to your “Personal Information” as that term is explicitly defined under California law. Any Personal Information we collect is collected for the commercial purpose of effectively providing our services to you, as well as enabling you to learn more about, and benefit from, our services and the services of others. You may exercise each of your rights as identified below, subject to our verification of your identity.
Access. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. or call us at (618) 475-2088 to request a copy of the Personal Information our Website databases currently contain.
Prohibit Data Sharing. When applicable, you may prohibit the sharing of your Personal Information by submitting a request via email to email@example.com or call us at (618) 475-2088.
In your request, please explain how you wish us to prohibit the sharing of your personal data, and which categories of third parties you want to prohibit from receiving your Personal Information. When such prohibitions are not possible to provide our services to you, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy.
Portability. Upon request and when possible, we can provide you with copies of your Personal Information. You may submit a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (618) 475-2088. When such a request cannot be honored, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy.
Deletion. If you should wish to cease use of our Website and have your Personal Information deleted from our Website, then you may submit a request by emailing us at email@example.com or call us at (618) 475-2088. Upon receipt of such a request for deletion, we will confirm receipt and will confirm once your Personal Information has been deleted. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
We do not sell your Personal Information. If we ever decide to sell Personal Information, we will update you via this Policy and include a link entitled “Do Not Sell My Personal Information,” to provide You with an opportunity to opt out of sales of your Personal Information.
In addition, if a California resident exercises his or her rights under California law, including the CCPA, we shall not discriminate against that California resident by denying our goods or services, charging different prices or rates to similarly situated consumers, providing a different level or quality of our goods or services, or taking any other adverse action.
Third Party Marketing. As disclosed above in this Policy, you have the right to opt out of all of LMM’s sharing of your personal data with any third party for the purposes of that third party’s marketing its good or services to you.
Your Privacy Rights
Users in the UK
3. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page and so you should check it regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU VISIT OUR WEBSITE
1. When you visit our website, we will automatically collect certain information about the device you are using to access it. This will include information about the website browser you are using and the IP address of your internet connection. We may also identify your device with a unique, randomly generated, identifier.
2. As you browse our website, we will continue to collect information about the website pages that you look at during your visit, how long you visit them, and what links you click on each page. We may also record what keywords you used to locate our website and what third-party website referred you to our website.
3. The information we collect about you is referred to as Device Information. It is not personally identifiable to you (for example, we do not collect or associate your name or address with this Device Information), and it is not stored on our systems for any longer than we need to store it in order to allow you to use our website for the purposes in which it is intended.
4. We collect Device Information from you using Cookies. These are small data files that are placed on the browser you use, on your device, to visit the website. Cookies often include an anonymous and unique identifier (so we know it is your device).
5. Certain cookies are placed on our website in order to make it work. For example, when you add items to the shopping basket/cart we need to store this information on a cookie. Where cookies we place on your computer are:
- Not identifiable to you as a living person, and
- Only placed in order to fulfil the inherent functions of an ecommerce website
we will not ask for your permission before we place them.
2. We may, from time to time, also collect information about your actions on the website and record those actions in log files. This data will include your IP address and may include the device that you are using, the browser that you are using, your internet service provider and be attached to date and time stamps. We will only include this information for as long as necessary.
U.K. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU MAKE A PURCHASE OR REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT
1. When you use our website to make a purchase of one of the goods or services that we offer for sale, or when you register for an account on our website (without making a purchase) you may be asked to provide certain personal information about you.
2. Such information we collect may include:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your contact information (like your telephone number or email address)
- Your date of birth
1. When you make a purchase on our website you may also be asked to enter your credit or debit card details. You may be redirected to a 'payment gateway' website to enter your card details, or you might be asked to enter these directly onto our website.
2. Your full credit or debit card details are never stored on any databases we hold. You may be asked if you want to 'store' your purchase information for faster checkout at a later date, where you do store this information the full card information is never stored on any databases we hold. Instead, we send the full information to our payment processor, who then send back a secure 'token' which we then use to place future purchases. To help you identify stored cards, we may store the last 4 digits of the card, the type of card (e.g., Visa or MasterCard) and the expiry date.
Where you wish, you can always delete a stored card within your customer account.
1. We call this data Personal Information.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DEVICE INFORMATION
1. We use Device Information we collect in order to help us screen for potential risk and fraud, to improve and optimize our website (by generating data about how our customers browse and interact with our website) and to analyze the success of our marketing and other advertising campaigns.
2. We use Personal Information that we collect to fulfill any order that you place and to communicate with you as one of our customers. We may also use this information to screen for potential risk and fraud.
3. With your consent, we may, from time to time, provide you with information or advertising relating to the products and services that we provide.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DEVICE INFORMATION
1. We will share personal information and device information with third parties in their capacity as a data processor on our behalf. We will only share your information with third parties in so far as they assist us with using your information.
2. We may also share your personal information and device information in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations or to respond to any lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
RE-MARKETING AND BEHAVIOURAL ADVERTISING
1. We may, from time to time, share your device or personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe might be of interest to you. This may include sharing some of your information with third party networks such as Google, Bing, or Facebook.
DO NOT TRACK
1. Our website does not alter its data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
1. If you are a resident of a country where the European Union's GDPR is applicable, you have certain rights.
2. To exercise your rights to access your data, receive a copy of that data, or to rectify a mistake, please contact us.
2. For more information please contact us using the details below.
102 S Van Buren St, New Athens, IL USA 62264
Users in the European Union
Last Revised 6/29/2021
As exceptions, we rely on your consent with respect to cookies per Art. 6.1(a) GDPR, and legitimate interests under Art. 6.1(f) EU GDPR, especially with respect to situations where we must process your personal data to comply with applicable laws (as a U.S. based company, we are subject to U.S. laws and must comply, just like EEA-based companies have to comply with EEA laws).
When you access our Services, you transfer your personal data to the United States of America for which the European Union Commission has not yet issued an unlimited adequacy decision.
We will process and keep your Personal Information for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy, for our legitimate business needs, and for compliance with applicable law.
You have a right to request from us these EU GDPR rights concerning your personal data: access to data; rectification of data; erasure of data; restriction on processing; objection to data processing; and data portability. You can exercise these rights through a combination of actions: accessing the information in your account; exercising your opt-out options through our Services; and by calling (618) 475-2088 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have provided consent for direct marketing emails or other data processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
We do not use automated decision-making, including profiling, as referred to in Article 22(1) EU GDPR, that is, in a way that produces legal effects concerning you or significantly affects you. Our Services’ customization technologies and e-commerce processes are automated, but do not produce legal effects or affect you significantly as contemplated by Art. 22(1) or (2) GDPR.
Changes to this Policy
Conditions of Use and Contact Information